Monday, December 08, 2008

Lost?

I fix the problem and have completed the video!

It's about the journey of a pixel's search for a better picture.



Coldplay - Lost? from messytimbo on Vimeo.


So this was meant to be entered for the coldplay lost? Video contest. the competition ran for a month but me and lyd made this in the final week of the contest, it was always going to be a challenge to get it in on time but if it wasn’t for my flash file bugging while outputting we would have made it. I was a little disappointed that we didn't get it submitted in time, so I left it for while before trying to sort it out. Fortunately I found a way around my exporting problem.

There’s soooooooooo much I would change about it, I won't go into detail, but there's a lot :), however i'm not willing to go back in and try and fix them, I need to be getting on with loads of other things and this was only meant to be a quick, see what we could do in one week kinda project, so...it is what it is. But what I will say is I learnt an incredible amount from making it, so I'm very pleased about that.

here's a link to the the winning video

11 comments:

Kristian said...

Beautiful! Absolutely bloody beautiful! Man you guys would have won. The concept is so nice. Damn the flash

Steve Stamp said...

AMAZING! Bruv the bit towards the end where you see loads of pixels following behind him gave me goosebumps! Such a watchable video - no idea how you gave pixels so much character but you really did, you and Lyd should be really proud of this regardless of the competition - carry on developing it.

Maarten Rijs said...

Man what can I say that has not been said yet!! simply BRILLIANT!!
wow. I agree, I truly believe you would have won.


I just keep watching this! hahaha. you keep amazing me.

Rachel said...

here you are! thank you for your comment. a tad late but better late than never.love the vid by the way, how long was it in the making?

Daniel M.C. Alvite said...

hehehe,,, looks nice dude..
I could see same personality on that pixel,,,
very nice work, the shot of the bridge has nice colors.

I know what you mean when you say you want to change a lot of things but see this project as a finished one, take it as an experience for the next project and stard doing it like you wnat this one to be done..get it..don't know.

well nice one tim,
good to see you active,

Rachel said...

cheers! yeah it was nice to work on something that would (hopefully) help and inform kids. it was a little frustrating at times animating quite serious material because you can't really put much movement in as it destracts from the message.

the animation was done in flash and taken into afer effects where the backgrounds were added and lots of lovely textures and fx too. i was on the flash side of things.

thanks for adding me,i will do the very same :)

r.boulevard said...

wow Tim that was a charming animation. The concept of being a pixle amoung other pixles that make up the whole picture is crazy...great idea! The part when the BigRed square pixle confronts the smaller pixles was so expressive, I love how the other pixles were scared and jittery! Well done bro, tell lyd I said two thumbs up. See you for life drawing!

Phillipos said...

I have to say Tim this is totally brilliant. You've got a shit load of talent cuz.

Dele (the rogue wanderer) said...

I really like the movement of the crowd of pixels also the detinator pixel and the pole vault pixel.
Cool stuff!

Yoyo said...

It's brilliant and so meaningful, oh man..such a shame that you couldn't submit it. I really like it:)

Anonymous said...

ok, cool... i just added up lots of another emo backgrounds on my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info