Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Back by popular demand

For those of you who are wondering what the hell have I’ve been doing? And why I haven’t posted in so long? Well... there's no good reason...I’ve just been feeling sorry for myself. I’ve still been keeping the drawing up, just haven't done a good’erns in ages. But I have to remind myself that I started this blog to document my progress (even if it means documenting my regression :))

Anyways, I’ve also not done any digital work for a long time, so I finished off a Spiderman drawing I started about 4 months ago (that I found while under my desk, when I was cleaning my disgusting bedroom today, they don't call me messy Timbo for nothing) so I decided to colour it. I drop it on top of a background i did when I was practising bg's for my final project.

Well I think that covers everything...I’m going to start animating again tomorrow. I might even do another post by the end of the week.







16 comments:

Maarten Rijs said...

Haha regression my ass!
I really like the spiderman, great anatomy there!
(when I click on the first pic to enlarge it btw I get a red cross)
Hows the job seeking going?

Maarten Rijs said...

Oh and in case you didn't read my comment at my blog, yes the walt stanchfield notes are from animationmeat.com.
There's a link to a combination of the first 60 posts, I printed those.

michyboo said...

Thanks for your kind comments!
Your animation is VERY good! You went to Saint Martins? Your life drawing is really good too.
I'm not really at that level yet...
Looking for work tho, it's tough old world in the animation industry!

Shouren Ho 何守任 said...

Hey Tim, good to see your work. There is an Urgent problem about our September Show, we need to write a "written statement" of final project before next Monday to Lee, check your e mail for detail.

Daniel M.C. Alvite said...

hey messytmbo...hihihi i laugh a lot ...
the spider looks awsome, really nice, skinny funny and a lot of action...cool drawing....and be cool , all be fine. don´t worry, you must believe neo.

Tim Moen said...

it is good to see you agian, my friend. good work.

Olivier Ladeuix said...

nice work man. The girl at the coffee shop grabbed my attention right away.

Regarding Spidey I must admit that I am so used to see clean Flash lines nowadays that I was a bit put off by the first sketch but with the painted background it seem to work really well

libra bear said...

Nice to see your back in town mate. I know what you mean about those slumps. I've been in "feelingingsorryforyourselfville" for a little while as well. Loving the sketches man. Your improvement rate is actually quite scary. Chat soon man.

PS: remember what I said about Mike mignola and how disney should have went all the way with his drawing style on atlantis? you tube "The Amazing Screw On Head" and let me know your thoughts. Peace

black lamb said...

lovin the sketches dude. did you find any life classes anywhere?? i looked(not very admittedly) but the ones i found where on summer break. you still on it?

G1toons said...

nice sketches and like the spiderman pose

Ray Villalba said...

Really good job on the spiderman. Its bad dude. Those dry spells unfortunately we all go through them DONT stay down for the count get up and dont give up. Seriously good job once again on spidey.

Verena Fanny Trausch said...

hello!thank you a lot for your comment...i like your showreel a lot!bravo!

Maarten Rijs said...

Hey again,
Just wondering, what happened to the peep box project?

Jamal O said...

Nice spidey drawing dood

Ken said...

looking good man!

Maarten Rijs said...

Hey man,
I remember you saying you were gonna start a new lip sync! Whatsup with that? Looking forward to it!

Maarten